Cava Sangria Recipe
This delicious cava sangria recipe makes the perfect drink for the holidays.
- 1 red apple the better the apple the better the flavor of the sangria!, sliced thin
- 1 cup of diced pineapple
- 2 oranges sliced into thin rounds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup of red grapes frozen
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur Gran Marnier is preferred, otherwise use Triple Sec
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 8 fresh sprigs of mint
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise optional
- 2 750 ml bottles of chilled Spanish cava (I prefer to make with brut and add sugar to taste. But if you like it on the sweet side buy semi-seco or even dulce)
- Sugar or simple syrup to taste
- Ice cubes
In a large bowl combine the sliced apple, orange and diced pineapple. Cover with two tablespoons of sugar and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
Add the brandy, orange liqueur, pineapple juice, mint and spices. Using the back of a wooden spoon, muddle the mint and fruit just a bit.
Chill this mixture (if possible) for at least an hour.
Before serving, add the chilled cava and frozen grapes, and lightly stir to combine. Adjust for sweetness by adding sugar (superfine is best) or simple syrup. To serve, either ladle it into glasses filled with ice cubes, or into a serving pitcher filled halfway with ice.
Calories: 145.24kcalCarbohydrates: 21.63gProtein: 0.51gFat: 0.2gSaturated Fat: 0.04gSodium: 2.87mgPotassium: 122.4mgFiber: 1.63gSugar: 18.14gVitamin A: 61.57IUVitamin C: 15.71mgCalcium: 18.98mgIron: 0.34mg