Tuna Belly, Blood Orange and Avocado Salad Recipe
An easy and beautiful Spanish salad recipe using Spanish tuna belly, avocado, blood orange, and crumbled pistachios.
- A handful of arugula washed and dried
- 1 blood orange thickly sliced
- 1/2 avocado thickly sliced
- 1 can of tuna belly ventresca de atún, or the best quality canned tuna you can find. The recipe would also work with fresh seared tuna.
- About 10 pistachios shelled and crushed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
Arrange a line of the arugula in the center of your serving dish.
Place the blood orange and avocado slices over the arugula.
Place slivers of the tuna belly (or small chunks or slices of regular tuna) over the top of the salad.
Sprinkle the crushed pistachios on top (to crush, put the shelled pistachios in a plastic bag and whack a few times with the flat end of a meat tenderizer).
Drizzle with your best extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
Tip: If not eating immediately drizzle with some blood orange juice so that the avocado doesn't turn brown so quickly.
Calories: 225.78kcalCarbohydrates: 6.54gProtein: 13.82gFat: 17.24gSaturated Fat: 2.44gCholesterol: 21.6mgSodium: 298.06mgPotassium: 402.37mgFiber: 4.04gSugar: 1.39gVitamin A: 178.75IUVitamin C: 8.94mgCalcium: 21.48mgIron: 1.45mg