Today I share my favorite green gazpacho recipe with you. Green gazpacho is a super healthy cold soup that is the perfect addition to any meal!
The first time I had green gazpacho was in a small café in Barcelona. The owners were passionate about vegetables, and their restaurant served food from their family’s garden. On the menu that afternoon was green gazpacho — something that isn’t all that common here in Spain. While the recipe for traditional gazpacho varies throughout Spain, it’s almost always red.
But I was excited to try their green gazpacho, curious about what ingredients they’d use. Avocado? Cucumber? Green pepper? Asparagus? Peas? There are countless combinations, as you’ll see by the variety of green gazpacho recipes you can find online! But their version was perfect, and I asked for the recipe. Over the years I’ve made this many times, and even converted a few gazpacho haters to team green!
Green Gazpacho Recipe
Green Gazpacho Recipe - Easy Gazpacho Verde
- 4-6 medium green tomatoes about 2 lbs., roughly chopped (be sure to use green tomatoes, and not unripe ones)
- 1 small cucumber seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper roughly chopped
- 1/2 small white onion roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic cloves
- 1/2 medium avocado make sure it is ripe
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup mint chopped
- Salt to taste start with a big pinch
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar you can adjust at the end if you like more
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to prevent browning
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup spinach optional - but this will enhance the gazpacho's green color
- Add the vegetables to your blender (except for the avocado and herbs)
- Add the tablespoon of lemon juice
- Pulse and then blend on high speed for a few minutes until completely pureed
- Add the avocado, herbs, salt, and sherry vinegar and blend
- While blending on low speed, slowly add the olive oil
- Add the spinach for a punch of green color (optional)
- Taste and adjust for salt and vinegar. If the gazpacho is too thick, add a bit of ice cold water. Strain if you wish for a smoother version.
Have you tried a green gazpacho recipe? What were the ingredients?