Spanish Thanksgiving recipes? But isn’t Thanksgiving an American (and Canadian!) holiday?
Sure– that’s true, but as an American living in Spain, I’ve hosted more Thanksgivings here than back home! And I have some fantastic tips and recipes for Spanish Thanksgiving recipes. These may not be traditional, but they sure are delicious… read on!
My Favorite Spanish Thanksgiving Dishes
Here are some ideas for Spanish Thanksgiving recipes, from appetizers to sides to desserts– even leftovers! I’ve made most of these at some point, but don’t have a published recipe for all of them.
That said, a lot of these Thanksgiving ideas are easy and adaptable– and the name says it all. I love experimenting during the holidays!
- Dates stuffed with goat cheese and Marcona almonds and wrapped in bacon
- Almond crusted fried goat cheese with honey glaze
- Puff pastry stuffed with brie and fig jam, then drizzled with honey and roasted Marcona almonds
- Spanish cheese platter with membrillo (quince paste) and Marcona almonds fried in a little olive oil, rosemary, and sea salt
- Pumpkin soup topped with paprika and sea salt roasted pumpkin seeds
- Spanish Thanksgiving wines (Rioja, Amontillado sherry (with turkey!), cream sherry (for the pies!)
- Thanksgiving spiced sangria (just add star anise and cloves to my traditional Spanish sangria recipe)
- Warm spiced sangria (so good!)
- Cranberry thyme gin and tonic
- Cava (always appropriate!)
- Spanish hot chocolate (to warm up first thing in the morning!)
- Paprika spiced Spanish turkey
- Spanish turkey skewers with cumin and garlic
- Roasted quails decorated with hard-boiled quail eggs
- Spanish chicken and chorizo stew
- Spanish style stuffing with chorizo
- Chorizo cornbread
- Creamy Manchego mashed potatoes
- Spanish style Thanksgiving green beans with almonds
- Roasted carrots with cumin and paprika
- Roasted butternut squash with paprika and hazelnuts
- Wild mushroom stuffing
- Chestnut puree
- Pumpkin pie flan
- Spanish style cheesecake
- Burnt Basque cheesecake
- Sherry spiked pecan pie (the best pecan pie!)
- Manchego cheese tart with quince sauce
- Turkey croquettes (use my recipe for ham croquettes but sub shredded leftover turkey instead!)
- Baked turkey empanada (use my recipe for this tuna empanada and sub turkey!)
I’ll keep adding to this list of Spanish Thanksgiving dishes as I continue hosting Thanksgiving feasts here in Spain!
And if you have any ideas that you think I should add, please leave me a comment!